Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Good Life

Baaaaah it's been a while since I've updated. I've been...uh...super busy. You know, not working and all. In my defense, I have been doing a lot of mental planning for my classroom. It's hard work. Requires lots of naps and such.

Actually, there has been a lot going on. I was all set to blog about it last week, then I thought Chris died one night and had to emotionally recover from that before blogging again. Here's the story:

Let's preface this by saying that I was super emotional last week. I'm talking crying-while-watching-COPS emotional. I don't know. Anyway, let's also preface this by saying that Chris was at a PT school friend's house and having a guy heart-to-heart. (It's GUY love!) So Chris is not in trouble here.
I came home from Leslie's condo around 9:30 pm last Wednesday. Chris was still gone but that was cool because he had just left around 8:00. Here's the progression of events:

9:45- Text "Hey I'm home. Are you still at Josh's?"
--No response.--
10:30- Text "Call me when you're on the way home."
--No response.--
10:45- Text "I'm starting to get worried. Everything okay?"
--No response.--
10:50- Search news websites for reports of accidents. Find mention of several accidents.
10:55- Search TDOT smart map for serious accidents in Nashville.
11:00- Phone call. No answer.
11:05- Phone call. No answer.
11:10- Phone call. No answer.
11:15- Phone call to Josh. No answer.
11:30- Text from Chris that says "Hey we were on the porch and left the phones inside."


I'm not really sure how my brain went from "I'm glad Chris is making PT friends" to "Chris is dead in a ditch" so fast. By the time I heard from him, I was a hyperventilating mess. Maybe because he never stays out very late? Maybe because he's never not responded to a text or phone call from me? Either way, I'm happy to report Chris is alive and well, and I'm working on controlling my anxiety.


We have been somewhat busy the past few weeks. And because I like things organized, let's do this with subheadings.


Dave and Chrissy's Wedding
was July 2, so that meant our first trip to Knoxville since we moved! It was so good to see everybody--BCM friends, Calvary friends, surprise friends! 
Matt and Becca Rossman were so kind to host us Saturday night. Chris looked just plain adorable sleeping next to the Hannah Montana lamp and glow-in-the-dark wall stars. (Thank you Kailee for loaning your bedroom!) Becca made some delicious enchilada casserole and chocolate chip cookies. So sweet! On Sunday, we were pleasantly surprised by the one and only Mark Jennings! He was in town to welcome Amanda back from Argentina, and we enjoyed a free lovely lunch at Calvary together. So good to see that kid! I know Chris was excited because this is how they must enjoy each others' company these days:
Video game headset bonding. It's adorable.

Leslie and Terry got engaged!
I'm pretty sure it's cool to post this now. It's hard to freely talking about it when I've been secret-keeping for months! Terry and I went ring shopping back in May and Terry picked this beauty! I've been bursting at the seams to be excited about it, but played my usual part of the confused/flabbergasted friend who didn't understand why there was no ring yet. But now we can celebrate and enjoy So You Think You Can Dance/Wedding Planning Wednesdays!


4th of July Shenanigans
THANK YOU to Laura Purtee for hosting a schweet party at her place. We enjoyed grilled meat, hummus, and hedgehog-shaped watermelon! And of course, fireworks a la downtown Franklin. We were on top of a big hill and could see fireworks shows going on 15-20 miles away. It was so cool to watch dozens of mini-fireworks shows and celebrate being an American.
Waiting for fireworks to start!
Hanging out with the newly engaged couple!


Sudden Rage Partay
My old travel softball team, Sudden Rage, gets together at least once a year. When you spend that much time together growing up, you have to know what's going on in our adult lives.
Sometime in July 2000
July 5, 2011
 
Itchy and Laura Go to the Vet
Supposedly Itchy has been to the vet before. The animal shelter told us he was neutered, so we assume he has. I, on the other hand, have never been to the vet. So Itchy led the way.
Itchy was very anxious to go. He probably thought we were going to the dog park. Wrong-o!

 
He did SO GOOD. Once he got on table, he entered some kind of weird show dog mode. Leaning forward, nose pointed straight, tail completely straight. The vet even asked if he did competitions. There's a chance Itchy has a past he hasn't told us about...


He was so well behaved and had a perfect bill of health, so he got a whole slice of swiss cheese when we got home.

Tomorrow, Itchy starts Dog Obedience School. So expect some pretty hilarious stories soon.


Physical Therapy School

This is life now. Chris studies, and I pretend to look busy. Sometimes he studies in the dining room where I can see him and take sneaky pictures. Those are exciting nights. But he is doing SO well. I'm pretty sure he's going to have all A's this first semester. I'm proud of my future-doctor-husband!!


That's life for now. It's good. Barring any future near-death/wasn't-anywhere-near-death-at-all experiences, I plan to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment