Sunday, April 17, 2011

Here. We. Go.

I started a blog.

Prepare to be blogged about.

Three reasons to start a blog:
1. Married people blog. This is the only "married people" fad I'm giving into. Other fads include: drastic hair cuts days after the wedding, not talking to single friends, and fascinations with pot-lucks.
2. There are lots of changes going on in Chris' and my life. People can't keep up. Chris and I can't keep up. Maybe if I blog, we'll remember all the stuff that's going on.
3. I like talking about stuff in my life, but when people ask me how I'm doing, I get all clammy and shaky and say "I'm fine!" With the exception of a few people who don't let me pass with "I'm fine," this is how I'm talking things out.

Between #2 and #3, I discovered I can't blog with Chris reading as I type. So I'm now facing the other direction. We've already learned something.

I'd like to jump right into my thoughts on life, but we need to bring everybody up to speed. First, we had planned to move to Atlanta since December. That changed 2 weeks ago. Tennessee State called and offered Chris an interview for the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program. After weeks of deliberating and many pro/con lists, we are headed to Nashville. (I'd share the very complicated pro/con list, but that's in the past, and we're only going forward. Just know it was a tough decision.) We are moving at the end of May because PT school starts May 31. I'm pretty pumped about it.


It's pretty. And has a building that looks like Batman.
Other interesting life facts before real blogging starts:
  • Chris and I have been married 10 months and 5 days.
  • I am currently a teacher in Anderson County Schools. I teach PreK. Prepare to hear about that.
  • Chris is a physical therapy technician in Oak Ridge, but he only has 1 week of work left.
  • We have a hedgehog named Rhino.

No comments:

Post a Comment