Monday, April 25, 2011

Thoughts on Life

Job Searching
General Impression: Frustrating.

Why: There are no jobs. Okay, not ZERO jobs, but very few jobs. Hence, very competitive. Basically, you have to know someone in the biz.

Do I know people in the biz: Yeeeesss...buuuuutttttt...I hate asking for favors. It is incredibly demeaning and humbling to ask someone to put your name in with a supervisor. I wish I could let my resume speak for itself, because it rocks. My social networking skillz? Not so much. 

Current Plan: Pray. And e-mail people. And attend job fairs. And pray some more.

Interesting Observations from This Past Week
  •  What do you do if a university says they mailed you an acceptance letter/orientation packet 2 weeks ago, but you have still not received it?
  • What do you do if you receive a save-the-date but not a wedding invitation? And you know wedding invitations have been mailed because you've seen one on someone's fridge? Burn? Go anyway?
  • Perhaps our mail system at the apartment is the problem since most of our questions involve not receiving mail?
 
Cowboy Boots
I love cowboy boots! For months, I have wanted a pair of cowboy boots. Maybe it's the Nashville-native in me. Maybe it's because I'm moving back to Nashville next month. I really want cowboy boots. Today, Chris and I went to Pigeon Forge to do some outlet shopping and Apple Barn-ing (yummm). While we were there, we looked for cowboy boots. Holy smokes, they are expensive! I didn't know they were that expensive. After 2 shops, I reconsidered how much I really wanted cowboy boots. Then we found a discount, outlet boot store in Sevierville and I found cowboy boots! 
Next goal: Find outfits to accompany the boots.
 
 
Easter Pictures
Emily, Me, Chris, and Catherine

Family Photo 2011

When you live together for 5 years, you inadvertently dress alike often.

 
In other news, Chris and I got a new bed spread. This was pretty exciting (for us, boring for you) because we had been using the one I bought before I knew Chris. We learned that picking out bed spreads as a married couple is more difficult than one might think. We don't like: too girly, too boring, too stiff, too loud, or too expensive. This is what we landed on:



Adventures in Cooking: Last night I made apple slices with peanut butter. Today, we are not eating dinner. No, we do not have eating disorders, but Easter lunch yesterday filled us up. Apple Barn today did the same. We hope to move to at least 2 meals tomorrow.
Best Food on Earth

You Know Your Hair is Too Long If...: In a picture of yourself with two other people, you cannot see the bottom of your hair. (See above Easter pictures.)

Person I'm Missing Today: Sarah and our awkward, personal-detail-revealing chats at funerals.

Bible Verse that Rocks Today: 
Psalm 51:12 "Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment