Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pretending I'm a Stay at Home Wife

Pepperoni and Ritz crackers for breakfast this morning. Breakfast. Of. Champions.


I've enjoyed my life as a stay-at-home wife this week. I like to pretend I could stay home all the time, but I know that a) I would inevitably get bored, and b) Chris needs his suga-momma to pay for school. So I've been living it up this week, and by that, I mean laying around all day, cooking delicious food, and pretending to be crafty.

Chris and I babysat for some friends this week. Chris is excellent at baby-holding. Definitely a Heisman winner.

This is Chris saying "Can we puhweeeese have one?!?"

Okay...actually this is Chris saying "Don't even think about" as I squealed over how adorable he looked with a baby.

I had to dip back into reality for a few hours and go back to school to get ready for next week. Really, I just needed to satisfy my weekly quota of tree killing.

I made fish and edamame for dinner last night. No picture of the edamame because we ate it in 4.3 seconds. But for the fish, you just need Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice, garlic, butter, worchestershire sauce, and parmesan cheese. Delish. And only 143 calories per serving!


Breaking News: I'M CRAFTY

I discovered Pinterest last Saturday. For the sake of my marriage and general mental health, I have limited myself to 10 minutes of Pinteresting per day. But I couldn't resist attempting to make something. Mostly because I'm on fall break and felt the need to do something with my life. The hubby would not have been happy if he found me in the same position he left me in that morning....as has been the case on other school holidays.

Anyway... I made coasters! The coasters we have are falling apart and quite frankly, hideous. For years, I've wanted these ceramic coasters that have iconic Knoxville locations on them, but I've come to terms with the fact that they are too expensive. So Pinterest gave me an alternative. Scrapbook paper coasters! Here's the deal for all you non-crafty people, unlike me- the super crafty-McCrafterson. (Hint: I'm not crafty.)

Get some ceramic tiles, scrapbook paper, felt, mod podge (glue and water), and acrylic spray.

Pick out the scrapbook patterns you want and cut them to fit the ceramic tiles.

Mod podge those scrapbook squares til they bleed. Both sides. Tops and bottoms. If you can see it, mod podge it.

While you're waiting for your buckets of mod podge to dry, cut out little felt circles. These will keep the ceramic coasters from scraping up your pretty little coffee table.

Glue your little felt circles to the bottom of the tile. You're supposed to use waterproof glue, but I used Elmer's. I don't think teachers are contractually allowed to use any other type of glue.

Now acrylic spray the crap out of those things. I would do this outside and not next to your dog. Itchy coughed for a while after getting a wind-blast of acrylic in the face.

COASTERS!


After that, I made risotto with shrimp and peas because, again, I'm competing for Wife of the Year. (And because it's really easy, but Chris thinks it's fancy.)

Chris took a sneak picture of a typical O'Brien night.


Also, my brother sent me a nice text this morning and it totally made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment