Saturday, January 14, 2012

Things I Wish I Was Obsessed With

Healthy Foods
Apparently this is called kale. Looks like leaves to me. 

I thought I was eating healthy when I added potatoes to my daily diet. Potatoes = vegetable, right? No.

Then I learned that vegetables don't count if you fry them. Strike two.

I need more healthy foods in my diet, partly because I'm tired of the judgmental stares at the grocery store. "Yes, I do have 3 boxes of ice cream sandwiches, sodas, frozen pizzas, and tater tots. But I bet you just couldn't see the cucumber underneath the ranch dressing."

Exercise
This is me exercising. Okay...it may be a dance party. And it may be from 2008. That was probably the last time I exercised. Unless you count the time before my wedding when I decided to lose weight by power walking around my apartment complex with weights. Then my dress didn't fit and I had to get a second alteration. Exercise just wasn't worth it.

But now that Chris is in physical therapy school and teaches me about all the really important reasons for exercising, I've decided that I should give it another shot. I even picked up our apartment's new workout room key yesterday. I might actually check out the workout room when this Kourtney and Kim Take New York marathon ends.

Reading
I got The Hunger Games trilogy for Christmas. I read the first two over Christmas break. I'm dying to know what happens in the third one, but I got bored with reading. Now my school is doing a contest in which I have to post how many minutes I read each night outside my door. I can't let my second graders beat me. 

Organizing
The Container Store recently opened in Nashville. I am dying to check it out. But that would mean I would have organize my apartment after that. And that would probably mean I have to throw things away. I do not throw things away.

Maybe I can get some containers for things I don't want to throw away.

Problem solved.

Nashville
I really do wish I was obsessed with Nashville. Life would be so much happier. I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment