Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Break Blues

God decided that there would be no snow days this year. So I was pretty pumped about spring break 2K12. Then God decided that my spring break would plagued with illness and injuries. The last 6 days have been filled with fevers, antibiotics, and Chris practicing his new "wound care" skills on me. My principal already vetoed a re-do spring break.

I'm somewhere between suffering and perseverance on the Romans 5 scale.

So instead of ranting about how much my life sucks (again), I cleaned out my camera with some awesome pictures from the last few weeks.

We took a trip to Knoxville in February. Itchy always knows when he's getting left at Grandma's house and prefers to ride all the way to Murfreesboro like this. One of these days, we're going to actually give in and take him with us.

The view of downtown Knoxville from Mark and Spargo's balcony. Gaaaaahhhh I miss this city. I can smell Downtown Grill & Brewery just looking at this picture.

Chris and I went to our first concert in Nashville. The theme was "plaid."

The lovely Catherine Moe, Heather Mullins, and I hosted a bridal shower for our BFF Leslie. When you live with 7 girls in college, you become a champ at hosting showers.

The gorgeous spread of food...clearly the most important part of any shower. The only thing I contributed was ham and cheese sliders, which I totally stole from a co-worker of mine. 

My beautiful friends,college roomies, and 4/5 of my own bridesmaids. Heather, Leslie (almost) Woodall, Catherine, and Liz!

Just like when we were in college, Liz spends the night and we end up wearing almost identical outfits. Blue dresses and cowboy boots!

Literally took this picture 4 minutes ago. Itchy decided Chris and I were being lame, so he treated himself to a game of fetch. He launched that red thing down the hall, then ran after it as fast as he could. This is him returning it to...himself?

Two minutes later... he got hot and "cooled off" on the couch.

Pardon the inappropriateness. He's such a guy sometimes.

Well, there ya go. Today is the first day I've had vital signs since last Friday. I celebrated by making, not one, but two trips to the store today because that sneaky Redbox movie played hide and seek right before my first trip. I also made sausage balls and a fanciful dinner of fish, edamame, and garlic bread. I even did all the dishes afterward! I may live after all! 

Come on, summmmmatime.

No comments:

Post a Comment