Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year

I can't NOT post on February 29. I mean...the internet probably won't even exist anymore in 2016, right?

Today was not the way I wanted to spend my extra day in 2012. Overall, I'm really excited about 2012. It's an even year, so duh. It ends with "12" so, duh, again. The summer Olympics are this year. (Did you know spell check makes you capitalize Olympics? Adding that to the proper noun list in my classroom...) It's an election year, which is not all that happy but exciting nonetheless. I get to be in Leslie's wedding this year. Chris and I get to spend the summer in a super cool place. I am excited about also getting an extra day in 2012.

But today doesn't count. I did not just spend my extra day at school til 5:00, crying on the couch about how hungry I am, and then passing out at 7:00.

Therefore, I will be redoing Leap Day in June. I'm thinking two June 12ths. Since real June 12 is on a Tuesday, I will be celebrating June 12.1 on a Sunday, when Chris is off. I will eat pizza rolls and cookie dough ice cream. I will stay in bed until 10:00 and play with my puppy til 12:00. I will go shopping, because money isn't real on Leap Day. I might even drive to Knoxville and back. I have 24 extra hours and I can spend 6 of them driving to Knoxville and back if I want to.

Leap Day 2012 is going to be terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment