Sunday, May 15, 2011

Job Fairs and Viruses

I went to a job fair on Saturday. Here's what I learned:


Do's:
  1. Dress appropriately.
  2. Bring your resume.
  3. Attach a picture to your resume. (There were 500 people there. How were those principals supposed to remember which resume belonged to the little red headed girl?)
  4. Shake hands.
  5. Don't ramble, but don't waste your opportunity to tell them you're awesome.
Don'ts:
  1. Wear t-shirts and jeans.
  2. Walk around with a can of Mountain Dew. (NO this wasn't me. ha. ha.)
  3. Skip the lines you think are "too long."
  4. Giggle and gossip with your friends standing in line with you.
  5. Go home and post on facebook how rude all the principals were.
 Just a few things I picked up. I have no real news to report. I got some nibbles. Met a lot of nice people. Had positive feedback. Overall, I feel good about the day. I can't wait to see how some of these contacts turn out!


I have a virus.
A computer virus, that is. This is the second time in a month. It's called XP Anti-Virus 2011. It looks totally legit when it starts running. First, it closes the internet and begins a "scan" of your computer. Then it tells you there are several infections and the only way to correct this is by purchasing their software for $79.99. Here's a screen shot:
See. Looks like something Windows XP would actually run. It took 3 hours to remove it last time. This time, it's been a little bit faster since I already had the removal software downloaded. Very frustrating though!


Other News
  • This week is my last week of school with my little dudes. I'm gonna miss them like crazy but I'm so proud of my soon-to-be kindergarteners!
  • Our apartment smells like cardboard boxes.
  • This is also packing week. We're moving to Nashville on Friday.
  • My mom and I got manicures yesterday. My nails are purple!
  • Chris came home today. :-)
Adventures in Cooking: We finally had our date to Sunspot and relived our first date. No cooking this week, mostly because we just packed most of the kitchen.

I love Chris because: He always works so hard until the job is done.

Person I'm Missing Today: Liz and our trips to get snow cones and break into other apartments' pools. We lived together for 3 years during college and enjoyed many trips to Target and singing the classic rock song "Jessica" in the car. Yes..."Jessica" has no words.
We're trying to pose like our roommate Catherine. Circa 2009.
Bible Verse that Rocks Today: 
Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

No comments:

Post a Comment