Saturday, May 7, 2011

Locks of Love 2011

You Know Your Hair is Too Long If...: You can donate it to Locks of Love for the fourth time!

Before.
After.



















It's been three years since my last Locks of Love cut, so it was about time. Also, I'm going to a job fair next weekend, and I wanted to have a more professional, less hippie look. I wanted Chris to come with me, but he got off the hook at the last second with a paint sprayer emergency. (Boys...) Well, this trip to the salon was not without drama. They placed me with the Russian, non-English speaking stylist who couldn't understand what I wanted her to do. I asked for three things:
1. Layers.
2. Side-swept bangs.
3. No duck butt. (Super short in the back, long in the front.)

As you can tell, I avoided the duck butt, but I have no layers or bangs. I have a feeling this is because they offer Locks of Love cuts for free, so they place donors with non-English speaking stylists. No money out of pocket equals no complaints, right? Wrong. They got a complaint...or should receive it in 3-5 days rather.

Russian stylists aside, I was pretty happy to donate my hair. It grows an inch a month. (I'm not exaggerating. I sometimes worry that our children will inherit Chris' hairiness and my speed of hair growth. We will have wolf children.) As a redhead, my hair is one of my most identifying features. It's the number one thing I receive compliments on. I can't imagine losing all my hair, especially as a child. I hope this organization is able to continue operating for years to come! Consider donating your hair if you are blessed with insane hair growth genes!


Weird Stuff at the Knoxville Zoo:
1. Fighting rhinos. 3 against 1. There was blood.
2. Poop-flinging elephants.
3. A gorilla's butt pressed against the glass.
4. White alligator thrashing at the 4 year olds.
5. 12 elementary schools and not a single person who looked like they were in charge.

The animals were in a finicky mood for our field trip on Friday. The day started off crazy, as all field trips do. People are way too impatient. But as the day calmed down, it was so much fun to see my kiddos running around the zoo with their families. The best part? Even though they see me 7 hours a day, 5 days a week, running into me at the zoo still prompts squeals of "Mrs. Laura!" and hugs. I'm gonna miss these little ones.


Adventures in Cooking: We made spinach salads tonight. A little spinach, a little feta, throw on some popcorn chicken and bacon to make sure it's not too healthy...voila! Yummy!

Person I'm Missing Today: Matt Kennedy and endless hours of Braves games.
Circa 2010.
Bible Verse that Rocks Today:
Psalm 103: 2-5 "Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s."

No comments:

Post a Comment